Fasteners and fixings, if not managed properly, can cause inventory waste, project costs increase and product complexity. Even if they’re often considered as lower priority when it comes to sourcing, bear in mind that these products are equally important for an equipment to function properly. In essence they are the pieces that hold everything together. Without these products, everything, even the chair that you’re sitting now, will fall apart.
There are a few characteristics that you need keep in mind when sourcing these products.
- Material – When choosing the material, consider factors such as corrosion resistance, brittleness and strength.
- Coating – This is mainly used for two purposes which include aesthetic appeal and increase corrosion resistance of fasteners and fixings.
- Type – You will have endless choices of the types which will include nuts, bolts, screws, washers, pins and clips. Each type has its own distinct purpose.
- Size – most manufacturers will use sizes with “M” in them. What does this mean in screw sizing? This is the measurement of the outer projecting part of the fastener. This is either the major or nominal diameter.
- Source – this is where Port UK Trading can help. If you are sourcing directly from a manufacturer, they will quote the retail prices for you. With our help, we can strike a deal with our suppliers for a more competitive pricing option because we have more or even larger orders for the suppliers.
Do not hesitate to contact us for your specific needs. We’ll be glad to be of assistance.